fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

oil filters

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

oil filters Empty oil filters

Post by Admin Tue May 10, 2011 8:10 pm

doing some updating on the brands

i have been a wix fan for years

i am seriously giving thought to the k&n filter

pros v wix

drain back valve in all filters--not offered by wix in gm 350 applications, but is in ford type(51515)

10 micron v 19 micron---9 microns is a pretty good chunk when you think about it in terms of wear over time

cons

twice the price

brings to mind the old fram commercial

pay me now or pay me later
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

oil filters Empty Re: oil filters

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Wed May 11, 2011 6:49 am

I always used the MotorCraft FL-1A on the 67 and all my older Fords. I use the MotorCraft factory on all my diesel pickups. Just used the John Deere brand on my tractors. I don't know about microns on them but I havn't had any failures using them. My philosophy is oil is cheap, parts are high, change it often.
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Thu May 12, 2011 9:07 pm

CJ,s 67 F100 wrote:I always used the MotorCraft FL-1A on the 67 and all my older Fords. I use the MotorCraft factory on all my diesel pickups. Just used the John Deere brand on my tractors. I don't know about microns on them but I havn't had any failures using them. My philosophy is oil is cheap, parts are high, change it often.

JD I'll ditto this. I use the FL-1A's on all my Fords. I don't own anything new enough to use anything else. The only other brand that I use is Fleetguard. They are made by Cummins engine company and are factory on every Cummins engine. They also make the filters for Onan equipment which is also a Cummins owned company. For giggles the Fleetguard equivilant for an FL-1A is LF3313.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri May 13, 2011 11:40 am

good info Clay

further research was enlightening--i am posting a subject with links in the tech stuff

my personal decision is mobil 1 filters and whatever oil you feel like paying for--synthetic--blended or dino

i am going with the 15-40 traveler brand from tractor supply---5 gal at 50.00

the only additive i feel really does some good is restore--if it's all in my mind--i am ok with that--lol

there is one additive a friend and primo mech swears by and i can't recall the name at this moment--have to call him monday----recall works, finally---BG products

http://www.bgprod.com/company.html

what is ironic is that when i bought the travelall back in 98, the old man said all he would run is mobil 1--oil & filter--dang my cheapskate ass for not paying him more heed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:41 pm