fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

scored today

hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

scored today Empty scored today

Post by hardtailjohn Thu May 27, 2010 10:20 pm

Yesterday, we were both dragging a bit, so came into the house for a cup of coffee in the afternoon. While the water was heating, I just hopped on ebay for a minute..... and found an almost new 6 speed, flywheel, clutch and all the extras that I needed to swap out the 5 speed in the Dodge....and bid on it. I was high bidder, but didn't meet the minimum, so emailed the guy, and come to find out, it's only about 25 miles from me......so needless to say, today I went in and picked it all up. Seems it came out of an '04 with 40,000 on it. The clutch and flywheel have less than 5000 total on them. The guy that owned it wanted a new clutch that didn't grab so they ordered this centerforce clutch and he put 5000 on it, then decided he just didn't like 6 gears....so bought a new 5 speed and swapped it in. A bit eccentric, but pays his bills, then told the shop to sell this one. It's perfect timing as my 5 speed is starting to "talk" to me in 5th (common Dodge/Cummins problem) and I knew I had to do something with it before I head back down to NE to grab the mares. This will be a nice upgrade for not much more money than I'd have to put in the 5 speed.
    JH
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

scored today Empty Re: scored today

Post by Admin Thu May 27, 2010 11:35 pm

man--that's great & perfect timing scored today Icon_cheers
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sun May 30, 2010 6:25 am

Great deal. You will love that 6 speed. I have a freind who converted his 98 12 valve. I took that truck to Tejas and back and loved it. With the torque plate the old 12 valve will pull anything you can hook onto anyway.
    He spend $3200 converting his a few years back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:43 am