fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

+2
Admin
AlleyCat
6 posters

Stress

AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Stress Empty Stress

Post by AlleyCat Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:37 am

I need a new moonlight job. Fuckin stress level keeps mounting every week. Good points are flexible hours, decent money, access to a well equipped shop and a discount on parts. Bad point, assholes. The owner made me garage manager without asking if I wanted it. Got a full time guy who is supposed to tell me WTF is going on. Fat chance. He does what he wants and doesn't tell me anything unless he's asked about a specific thing. Owner's nephew is a loader operator. Little fuk takes the keys for "his" loader. I damn near flipped a forklift moving a Mack engine on rough ground because I didn't have keys for the fuckin loader. Owner told me to order some. I did and had them sent to the main office. Then I fucked up and told the full time guy we were getting keys for the basically useless loader. Also told the 2 cunts in the office to hold the package until I picked it up. Full time guy ran his mouth and someone got wind of the extra keys. Stupid cunts let someone have them but can't remember who. I got a big problem with an 18 year old who is pretty much flipping me off. I think I'm gonna get a job flipping burgers. Sorry guys but I had to vent.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Stress Empty Re: Stress

Post by Admin Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:40 am

Clay--sounds like a flustercuck--i hope it squares away--it seems like there is always 1 or 2 of those types on every job--some one that has to be creating drama--that key business is ludacris

as for venting---that's what we do here--cheaper than a psychiatrist -- less trouble than jail and what happens on the farm --stays on the farm

be cool bro ☀
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:17 pm

Vent away man.

It dont bother me.

Lets me know that I dont work at the only place full of em.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:13 pm

Sounds like a 3/4 drive flex handle would fix alot of that problem, if properly administered....I'd bet you could do the job correctly, Clay! Vent away!!!
    JH
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:01 am

John that 3/4 drive thing has crossed my mind a few times. Back, before the guy in the shop worked there full time, I got the job of evaluating him for full time hire. The last time I'd done that I was working for a moving outfit and the guy I had to evaluate was a tech school grad with some experience. The school is a good one and he seemed knowledgable. Turned out he was world class cocksucker. He got chummy with senior management and he shit on me big time. Guy at the scrap yard is basically a sledge hammer mechanic but it became quickly apparent that he's spent more than a little time under a desk. When I left the moving outfit I made myself a promise never to recommend anyone for a job again. Well I broke the promise and I'm paying the price. If I'm ever put in the posisition of recommending anyone again I'm gonna delay the answer for 24 hours at which time I'll go home, arrange a few things then shove a gun in my mouth. I didn't want to let anyone down because they were counting on me but in the end I let myself down and that hurts most of all.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:19 am

I think I'd have a little coming to Jesus with the little prick loader operator, kin or no. Tell him the next time he pulls the keys you will hand him his ass in a bucket, then do it. Just think how good it would feel to walk away from that place with his sorry ass a bloody whimpering mess in the corner. Lifes too short to spend everyday around people who piss you off, the money ain't worth it.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:40 am

Clay--go easy on yourself--if it were me--being the vindictive asshole i am--seems like the ignition system on said loader is due for a failure and the sledge mechanic shouldn't be too hard to run off--especially when all his projects don't get done on time due to misplaced parts--loose bolts---etc or just plain won't run--missed wires--shorts--or when his tool box get's crushed inadvertently--it's amazing the kind of assholedents that befall said assholes on jobsites--i have seen brakes fail on forklifts--or the loader hydraulics suddenly fail--or the picking chain on the bridge crane fails---ya just never know Twisted Evil Stress 301330

ps--filling locks and switches with silicone or super glue causes major aggravation--ya don't even have to hurt anyone--just scare'em really good--i never went in for yelling--a whispered promise is better than a loud threat--as has been said-"it's the quiet one's ya gotta worry about"
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:22 am

^^^^ All that above!! Twisted Evil
    JH
    Trukcrazy
    Trukcrazy

Post by Trukcrazy Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:23 am

Stress, what stress? I think we have all experienced what you are going through. Don't let them beat you, but it looks like you are in the middle of a bad situation. I will give you something to try to take your mind off of your troubles by sharing mine with you, purely for it's entertainment value. I am working in Nigeria at the moment and if you have never worked with a Nigerian before, you haven't lived. Very few of them actually have any usable work experience and even less motivation. It will drive you crazy and has already caused about 4 heart attacks in the expats on this job over the last 4 years. They will lay down on you as soon as you walk away from them. We have about 3000 of them on this job and it is just amazing the cultural lesson that they give you. Chin up and I'll keep rooting for you. Very Happy
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:59 am

Thanks guys. I went to the office today to confront the ladies about the keys again. Story changed again. Now they never arrived. Fuck 'em. Wensday I'm going to the dealer and buying keys. I'm gonna run a company truck and do it on the company's dime.
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:26 pm

worse comes to worse put a separate starter switch in the wiring harness.

That way he can do his "thing" and when you need to use the loader, you can do yours.

Just a thought.
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:28 pm

spartman wrote:worse comes to worse put a separate starter switch in the wiring harness.

That way he can do his "thing" and when you need to use the loader, you can do yours.

Just a thought.

I thought about that Spart but it's an electronic engine and that gets real complicated real quick. Very Happy
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:38 pm

What if you were to simply parallel the switch inputs?

That way no matter which switch was used, the computer would never know the difference.
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Hmmmm.............Gotta think on that one.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:55 pm

What if ya simply bend the flex handle over his head? Until he personally pays for the machine, it's company property! I'd be more tempted to change all locks/switches and NOT give him keys! It's gotta be pissin' off the rest of the crew too...... been there and seen that. Nip it in the bud!!!! Does the owner give you any backup on this?
    JH
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:10 am

Yes John the owner will back me. I started to ask for permission to buy a key and he flat out ordered me to get 2 or 3. I don't want to put him at odds with his kin since the little fuk is his brother's kid. He knows the bitchs in the main office play bullshit games but his office is at Pittsburgh yard. He just had security cameras installed inside the office so the dumb cunts would stay the fuck off of Facebook while they're on the clock. Yes it pisses off the guys in the parts yard when he's not there. The yard guys have 1 machine assigned to them but at times need 2. I've used theirs a couple times but usually it's busy. After the parts yard closes for the day their machine is locked up inside the fence. I don't have nor do I want keys to the gate. I have enough problems dealing with trucks let alone 3000 or so parts buggies.
    Trukcrazy
    Trukcrazy

Post by Trukcrazy Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:17 am

hardtailjohn wrote:Nip it in the bud!!!! JH

Barney Fife was a wise man! Stress 301330 Good luck and hope it smooths out for you. Does anyone remember the movie "Dirty Work"? I am thinking a revenge for hire opportunity is emerging.
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:59 pm

Well I pissed off the little fuck today when I walked into the garage with a fistful of keys. Big time attitude. I told him to take it up with his uncle. He didn't waste any time dragging out the cell phone to whine to uncle Dave. From the look on scooter's mug he pushed the wrong button. Found out later unc was in the middle of major problems at Pittsburgh yard involving shorted 440V wiring. Scooter was told he would have to get over it other wise unc would find someone else to run the loader.

Stress 301330
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:15 am

:great: that's what i am talking about-Clay, I believe the man had a purpose when he offered you the position-i am really glad he backed you up
    Trukcrazy
    Trukcrazy

Post by Trukcrazy Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:46 am

Excellent so far. Stress 301330
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:53 am

:great: :great:
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:48 am

Good deal...at least the uncle backed up his word!! Maybe there is a glimmer of hope for the world, afterall!
    I'd give a dollar for a pic of the pissant's face when unc told him to get over it! Stress 301330 Too bad you didn't grab his cell phone and show him where it should be kept!! :[url=http://ww
    JH
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Scooter's biggest problem is he's spoiled. He's never been forced to do grunt work like the laborers have to. Scooter's cousin, unc's son Bud, is 10 years older and grew up with the business. Bud remembers his dad working 70 hour weeks for a truck rental outfit and hustling scrap for extra cash. In those days they bought old, whipped out machines, patched them up and put them to work. As they made money they bought better stuff until they could finally afford to buy new machines. Scooter never had to run those old crapped out F/A's 12 hours a day like cousin Bud did. Bud didn't get any of the slack scooter thinks he's entitled to.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:52 pm

Yah...worked with more than one of those types before. Sure makes a good job suck! The other ones that piss me off are the ones that get the business given to them when it's up and making money....instant experts... but DAD is the one that worked his ass of to get it there, and they have no clue.... worked for one of those too... what a pain in the ass!
    JH
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:43 pm

There is justice in the world. Good on you for standing your ground.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:59 pm