fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

+3
Admin
AlleyCat
willowbilly3
7 posters

Ma

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Ma Empty Ma

Post by willowbilly3 Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:33 pm

Speaking of sick. My mom 81, started doctoring a lot about a year ago for some issues she was having. After months of tests they finally figured out she has a form of bone marrow cancer, kind of similar to lymphoma. It is supposed to be very treatable. She has to go in and get a series of Rutixin IVs about every 2-3 months. The last couple months she has been slipping and having quite a few problems with her blood. Her platelett count will be down to almost nothing and she gets a couple units and 2-3 days later the count is back to almost nothing again. Also her white count is real low. Today she went in for a treatment and they put her in the hospital. Her blood pressure was like 70 over 50. She took a header this morning, got dizzy. Also she has severe curvature of the spine and is in quite a bit of pain most of the time. It seems like she has went downhill fast since she turned the doctors loose. I don't know how long you can last when your bone marrow don't make new blood anymore. I think she's on the way out, doubt if she sees another winter.
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Ma Empty Re: Ma

Post by AlleyCat Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:53 pm

My thoughts and prayers to you and your Mom.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:25 pm

man, i am truly sad to hear of that-- i am glad that you got to move back up to where you can be around for her--she will move on to the next level, while we are here slogging on thru

blessings and prayer from here
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:33 pm

Man that does bite.

I hope she is like my mom, and will kick this thing.

Either way, I'll send some knee mail for ya.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:52 am

Well, she's had a good run and when the time comes, I hope it comes quick. Maybe she'll pull out for a while, get a couple more good years but once you turn the quacks loose, your good days can be done. They can keep a dead person alive in misery for quite a while sometimes.
    I'm with ya JD, it's just a transition. This life is just a test. If it was your real life, you would have been given better instructions.
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:02 pm

Sorry to hear this, Our prayers are with you and your mom
    Let us know if we can do anything
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:17 pm

Knee mail from here too JB. Sorry to hear it.
    JH
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:47 pm

2 of my sisters and I were talking today and they are thinking it might be time to move her into a retirement home. The kind where they have an apartment and can cook but still get a community meal or two if they choose and get looked in on a few times a day, have someone to make sure they get their meds, take blood pressure ect. She's going to start needing a wheelchair some.
    I guess they did find some infection in her blood. She has had a sore spot in her jaw, might have a bad tooth. One of those can poison you.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:23 am

sounds like good thinking to me--yessir--bad teeth can really rock the system

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:21 pm

Update on mom. She has went downhill since we put her in the hospital. The chemo has kicked her butt. Her body isn't making any new blood and her platelets and white count are dangerously low. She has been in a lot of pain and is very weak. Today she decided she didn't want any more IVs. We are looking into moving her to hospice real soon, that's what she wants. At that point it will be pain medication and try to keep her comfortable. There is some chance the chemo will kick in and her bone marrow will start to reproduce. They told her she would get better but she just doesn't have any fight left in her at this point and doesn't want the pain and indignity any longer. She says she's ready to go.
    71ford100
    71ford100

Post by 71ford100 Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:54 pm

Sorry to hear that JB. My grandpa went fairly slowly and I am sure it killed him inside. He had diabetes and towards the end his kidneys failed and his lungs frequently filled up with fluid. He eventually said he wasn't going to do dialisys anymore and made it a few more weeks and passed on at home in his chair with several of us around.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:18 am

JB--hospice is good--i am sorrowful for your Ma's pain--and your families pain--i pray the end is easy--and i will rejoice when the passing has been made complete

be strong brother
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:41 pm

I went down early today and by myself. Just had a good old sit down with mom. She's been vomiting and can't eat. We had a nice peaceful visit, talked about what she wanted to do with some of her belongings, where she wanted her services ect. She was falling asleep mid sentence a little, probably the pain meds. At this point I just hope it's quick, she's ready to go, has her peace made with her Maker and knows where she's going.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:55 am

Our hearts and prayers go out to you and yours, JB. Sounds to me like she's got it pretty well figured out, and you sure sound like you've got it together. It's great that you can honor what she wants...that's a biggie!
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:56 am

Update;
    We brought mom home yesterday. Hospice delivered a bed and an ambulance brought her. We will have home hospice care. No more IVs or meds, just comfort meds now. We got the morphine to give her. She drifts in and out, can still talk a little but hard to hear. I suppose once we start the morphine she will mostly sleep. I figure she's got a week tops, I wish it would come quickly at this point.
    I had a good sit down with her Saturday when no one else was there. I knew when I left it was the last time I could sit with her alone and have a conversation, labored as it was for her. Since I'm right next door I will probably spend some nights sitting with her.
    Hug your ma, or call and tell her you love her.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:44 am

My heart's out to you, JB. Hope it's a peaceful as can be. Even if she's not quite conscious, hug her and talk to her.... hang in there my friend.
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:51 am

Been close to that a few to many times with my mom.

Im sorry I cant do anything to help you except type on this post.

John has some very very good advice.

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:43 pm

We started the morphine last night, met with the hospice people this morning for a few hours. Today she is awake mostly but unable to communicate any longer.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:46 am

god speed Mrs. Hoffman

May joy and peace surround you,
    Contentment latch your door,
    And happiness be with you now,
    And bless you evermore.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Mom passed on to Glory at 4:42 this afternoon.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:50 pm

שלום נצחי

hebrew for rest in peace
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:28 am

Sorry to hear that.

May she rest in peace.

Amen
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:41 am

Sorry to hear that, yet glad she went quickly, peacefully and surrounded by the ones who loved her.
    My heart and prayers go out to you.
    JH
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:23 am

Our prayers are with you
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:21 am

Non traditional service will be Monday. I wanted to have a band and an open bar with festival seating but that was a bit too nontraditional for the others, lol. In June, probably June 15 on her birthday, we will have a celebration and scatter her ashes along the Cheyenne river.
    I was just thinking, now I ain't bound here anymore. I had spent the last 4 years here in part to help her. I've been thinking New Mexico for 3-4 years. Or maybe move back to Alaska. I've got a least one good adventure left in me and I'm an orphan now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:15 pm