fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

2 posters

Cobra down

71ford100
    71ford100

Cobra down Empty Cobra down

Post by 71ford100 Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Last time I was at home farming I started the Cobra and heard TINK TINK TINK and we all know that means trouble. It sounded to me like it was in the valve train and I had good oil pressure so I limped it over to the shop here in Laramie. I took off the valve covers and don't see any valve springs that are broken and everything seemed fine when we started it up real quick to watch. The noise is not consistent and gets noticable when you rev up but if you hold it at a higher rpm it seems to go away, it is also hard to hear at idle if at all. I haven't had any oil pressure problems, no check lights, and it just happened rather than being a noticeable noise. The number 3 piston has a funny color to the top (haven't taken the head off yet my grandpa just ordered a camera thing to look in cylinders just before this problem arose and he is waiting on it to show up and try it out). The only other thing I can think that it might be assuming it is not a valve problem that I can not easily see is a wrist pin. Any other thoughts?

I sure do miss my car right now!
    71ford100
    71ford100

Cobra down Empty Re: Cobra down

Post by 71ford100 Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:31 pm

Guess I shoulda added that is is my 01 with the 4.6, overhead cams, roller rockers.....

Cobra down 068
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:03 pm

that's a bummer--hope it's something cheap and easy

btw--good pic

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:15 pm