fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

Todays finds

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Todays finds Empty Todays finds

Post by willowbilly3 Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:10 pm

I went back to a place I picked a couple years ago. The 49 Flletline was gone. I did get the 36 Dodge truck, a model T pickup bed, a set of M/T valve covers for an Olds, a couple chevy exhaust manifolds with the bracket holes, a 283 rochester carb and another 4 bbl. Holley, a cool set od tires spindles and fenders from an old boat trailer, plus a few other bits and pieces. Also there were no fewer than 4 binders, mostly McCormick I think. One has the transport wheels. Also a AC rotobaler. He also gave me an old walk behind garden tractor with a sickle bar mower, cultivator and plow but I didn't have room for it. Oh, and he also gave me a horse drawn shit spreader. I have pics but I'm too lazy to host them so email me if you want to see anything.
    jbhoffman (at thingy) rushmore (dot) com
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Todays finds Empty Re: Todays finds

Post by hardtailjohn Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:05 am

JB!! Transport gear!!!!!! Todays finds Affraid Todays finds Affraid It just so happens we'll be coming through SD in a few weeks (figured we'd try to hook up with ya and grab some coffee) so this could just work.
    JH
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:50 pm

Email on the way, and you know what for. lol
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:37 pm

John, one wheel is pretty buried, hard to tell what condition it's in but the dirt is shale, not too acidic. I did't get back in town in time to get camera batterys so I can't download the ones I have. Spart, I'll ask on the R-B for you but I worry about you finding your way back if you get this far from home. Todays finds Icon_lol
    I sold the 36 Dodge right away this morning, then went and picked up a 1965 Cub Cadet 100. I also found a 110 JD setting that I will try to obtain. Both are early models of garden tractor and made like a real tractors, just smaller. The CC even uses a clutch and drive shaft. I'm not sure what I'll do with it but parts are $$$ on ebay for these old GTs.

John, It'll be awesome to have you stop in. Fell free to spend the night if you need lodging in this area, I have the room, can put horses up too if you need. And I still have a book for you if my sister can find it. I loaned it to them.
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:48 pm

LOL Thats what they make maps for!!!
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:35 am

Awesome JB! The wheels/axels that I need are the ones that go under the main gearing/binding end. They are a long arm that rides under one side the frame and over the other, at 90* angles to the bull wheel.
    How big is the roto? I'll have to measure our trailer, but might be able to do something there too for Spart, if it'll fit in...
    JH
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:09 pm

Out of the 4-5 binders it was the only one with the sideways wheels under the business end. the lug drive wheel is at 90 degrees somewhere roughly above the transport wheels IIRC> I'm heading back out now to get some batterys, see if I can get the pics downloaded.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:39 pm