fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

What's this gun worth?

hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

What's this gun worth? Empty What's this gun worth?

Post by hardtailjohn Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:04 pm

Hey JB or anyone... what do ya think this Browning 7mm Mag is worth?
    http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/1948738/fpx145.cgi

Here's the auction link.... wish I had the $$ for the Stude!!!
    http://workmanauction.com/?page_id=49
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

What's this gun worth? Empty Re: What's this gun worth?

Post by Admin Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:25 pm

idk, but i agree it is a good looking rifle and i have always liked the stude's

check on the arms list for similar for sale
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:28 pm

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:31 pm

hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:57 am

Thanks JD! I've never seen a lever action 7mm before. I've got a bolt, but always loved levers.... if it goes cheap, I may have to bring that one home. There's a few things there that make me wish I was born rich instead of good looking..... ah shit...got sold out on that one too!What's this gun worth? 301330 
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:30 am

Nice guns, the BLR. Earlier ones have a steel receiver and then they went to aluminum. Early ones are worth a little more but JD's numbers are right on, maybe a tad high in todays real market values but $500-$600 would be a decent price. I'd love to have one in a 257 Roberts. Around here, the auction prices generally are on the high side on anything cool, too many idiots with too much money.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:35 am

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:18 pm

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:00 pm

the ammo for that has some interesting ballistics--30 cal on steroids without the shoulder trauma--and no attached stigma from the general public--perfect ranch rifle.

do you ever see wolverines around those parts???
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:17 pm

Not right here JD...but within 50 miles or so. I've never seen one, but seen tracks in the Bob Marshall Wilderness. I guess there's a few in Glacier park. Tough little buggers!!
    Thanks JB... it's a toss around here for prices usually...sometimes they're really good if the auction is out a ways, and especially if the weather is not so great....this one has that opportunity. I'll see what it goes for... it looks like a nice one.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:35 pm

from my personal experience and what i see on the net and the tube, youse guys up there live in about the last areas of remaining pickable locations--caught a am pickers episode--they were visiting a guy in central ks--he is my age--his quote was that 20 and 30 yrs ago you could find all kinds of stuff any where and every where---add in the auction mindset of "i don't want it, but i'll run the price up just for kicks" and it sure takes most of the fun and dang near all the profit or savings out of the endeavor -- and then the idiot factor--those that will pay 200 for a 100 new at the store item

dang--jb--a bunch of the canton first monday burnt to the ground

htj--saw a show on a study of those wolverines--awesome animal for sure--i hope you win the rifle cheers 
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:18 pm

Admin wrote:from my personal experience and what i see on the net and the tube, youse guys up there live in about the last areas of remaining pickable locations--caught a am pickers episode--they were visiting a guy in central ks--he is my age--his quote was that 20 and 30 yrs ago you could find all kinds of stuff any where and every where---add in the auction mindset of "i don't want it, but i'll run the price up just for kicks" and it sure takes most of the fun and dang near all the profit or savings out of the endeavor -- and then the idiot factor--those that will pay 200 for a 100 new at the store item

dang--jb--a bunch of the canton first monday burnt to the ground

htj--saw a show on a study of those wolverines--awesome animal for sure--i hope you win the rifle cheers 
    Hmmm, must have been the mountain, that was all a bunch of little ramshackle wood buildings. I never went there, it was all woman stuff like purses and smelly things. All of the big pavilions are metal. I'll have to ask Sarah.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:46 am

Well, not gonna make the auction. It's decided to put down a bunch of snow, and I really don't need another gun.... and don't feel like driving a couple hours each way. Guess someone else will get the good deal today!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:42 pm

montana has had a weather year for certain-- guns and cars are likely to become less needful in the future--imho--and driving bad roads is rollin' dice--now, about those ray guns and space ships What's this gun worth? 301330 might wanna stay up on those Cool
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:42 pm

Hehehe.... it didn't get too bad here....nothing like what they were predicting, but I spent the day working in the shop and messing around, so not a bad day at that. Wired in some 30A 220v outlets in the wood shop... the new (used) Powermatic 66 is one sweet running tablesaw!! You can put a cup of coffee on it when it's running and hardly see a ripple! Far cry from the old Craftsman! I've always wanted one, and this one fell in my lap last summer along with some other stuff (20" planer, and a HUGE edge sander) for a song. Nice to finally see it run! Now it's on to wiring in the 3phase converter in the big shop (hangar) to run the lathe, drill press, planer and edge sander, and I'm ready to get to work!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:06 am

cheers  you are a lucky fella--those 66's are a dream machine

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm