fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

Yesterdays outing

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Yesterdays outing Empty Yesterdays outing

Post by willowbilly3 Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:16 am

I've had the 212 sold for several weeks. The rancher who bought it has been busy haying ect. I have been trying to deliver it and look through his junkpiles. I finally got out there yesterday, up in the rolling pine hills south of Broadus and east of the Powder river. We got the tour, my god what beautiful country. It's about 4700 feet and was a little chilly. Great deer hunting and he has quite a few trophy bucks mounted. The guy has everything he ever owned and most of what his dad had. 2 different places with probably 6-8 machine sheds. One quonset was mostly his deceased dad's junk. A nice 500 Case, 8N, 52 Ford F5, a real cool restored buckboard, another 3 seater with a top and a bigger wagon. I don't think the thought of selling anything ever crossed his mind, I came home empty handed but he did promise to dig out a Model A pickup bed trailer for me. Also he had a real straight 62 Studebaker Lark wagon but all the glass had gotten broke out. It is a V8 overdrive. I could probably get that.
    On the way home, I see a pickup I went to look at a couple years ago, still sitting. It is a 79 F250 4x4. 400 4 speed, 205. Not running. The guy wants $250. I think I'll go get it. It's all about 80-85 miles from here. That dam 6 banger didn't make it over and back on a tank of gas pulling a trailer. I had to run in 4th going up, 15-20 mph headwind. Coming home I was running 75-80 in 5th, with the tailwind. I need a cummins.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Yesterdays outing Empty Re: Yesterdays outing

Post by Admin Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:22 pm

sounds like a nice excursion--too bad the 6 ain't turnin' out correctly--a mentor of mine once told me that whaterever it was, it was gonna cost to move or haul it--he was including the weight of the tow vehicle in these words of wisdom

i think you need a 2 bbl --if u could find the holley they used on scouts--i think it was a 500 cfm--and put the tallest tires you can afford on it to change the gear ratio a tad

oh yeah--next trip make some pics--that sounds like a little slice of heaven for sure
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:24 pm

hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:09 pm

Hard to see stuff like that just sit and rot into the ground. Been through that before. Yesterdays outing Icon_scratch hmmmm....that reminds me.... I need to get rid of a couple of airplane projects...... Yesterdays outing Affraid
    JH

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content