fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

Spring-Sproing

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Spring-Sproing Empty Spring-Sproing

Post by willowbilly3 Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:11 pm

I think it's here. Got the taters in on Good Friday. Been cleaning up all the raised beds, turning my manure piles and making mulch. I've been chipping all the small tree limbs and mixing in cardboard. Gonna use a lot of bagged garden dirt this year instead of the corral compost. I tried some last year and didn't have to deal with weeds. I got a pallet of the 2 cu.ft. bags of Miracle Grow brand for $7.10 a bag at Runnings.
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Spring-Sproing Empty Re: Spring-Sproing

Post by AlleyCat Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:15 am

I'm hoping it sprung here too. We had a couple cold days last week but the trend seems to be warmer. Grass is changing from brown to green. If'n I'm lucky I'll find enough dandielions to make at least one good salad. Going to put in a few tamaters but that's it for this year. Much as I'd like to put in a garden I just don't have the time right now. Both jobs are busy and the house is getting major remodeling. Also I joined a local social club. Good restaurant/bar with a nice outdoor shooting range. I just get tired of working all of the time.  Laughing 
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:50 pm

it's been here down this way-been mowing for nearly a month--the rider--early 70's craftsman 11 hp gave up the ghost--been gettin some good cardio behind the walk behind--lookin to transplant an 18 hp twin on the old girl--it's gonna fit-- Twisted Evil 

enjoy the season
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:35 am

Those old Briggs twins are awesome. I've transplanted quite a few because they will still be running when the rest of a mower is completely clapped out. Most mowers have the bolt pattern but I have had to drill the holes a little bigger once or twice. I have a 16 and an 18 saved back right now and the Murray I use has one. Both of my garden tractors are mid 70s Sears (pre-craftsman, made by Roper) Onan twins and they will just spoil you yo go back to an old thumping single.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:44 pm