fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

4 posters

'nuther good night...........

hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

'nuther good night........... Empty 'nuther good night...........

Post by hardtailjohn Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:04 am

Yesterday we did carriage rides for the Intermountain Children's Fund. Took the "boys" to my oldest Sis's place and gave rides to a good portion of the 270 people there. We were supposed to be there from about 5pm through 8....but I was just starting to pull harness off at midnight 'nuther good night........... Icon_eek ( I think I'm getting too old for that shit!). They raised over $100,000 for the foundation at this dinner/party!!

'nuther good night........... Intermountainchildrensevent015

Jack Hanna (the wildlife guy...he's a part time resident here) did the MC'ing, and he was hillarious!!!! Good guy!!! He and his wife are awesome people, very down to earth (he even stated to the crowd that he hates PETA and all they've screwed up.....very politically incorrect, so he gets my thumbs up!!!) and never stops talking. He loves the horses and Kate let his wife drive them back to their car, so she was having a blast!

'nuther good night........... Intermountainchildrensevent022

'nuther good night........... Intermountainchildrensevent017

The kids in the pic above are the VonTrapp kids.... great grand children of the actual VonTrapp family from "the Sound of Music". They're also residents here part time, so they were singing a while...nice kids and they really have good voices. They got quite a kick out of the nags too... nice to meet kids with manners and presence like they have!!
    It was Kate & my 6th wedding anniversary. I took her to first aid training on her birthday, so what else could I do but have her work on our anniversary! 'nuther good night........... Icon_lol

'nuther good night........... Intermountainchildrensevent019

'nuther good night........... Intermountainchildrensevent011
    Nice gentle breezes in the evening, and a beautiful sunset and even more beautiful moonrise.... great food, great horses, great people, and all the while helping out a bunch of kids that really need it...... nope, not a bad day at all!!!!!!!!
    John
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

'nuther good night........... Empty Re: 'nuther good night...........

Post by willowbilly3 Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:49 am

You are a very fortunate man my friend.
    Not to hijack your thread but sis is going after her little paint Frisan mare today. She bought a real nice Ommish made stud cart to hitch her to. We will have her in the parade next weekend here at the Belle Fourche Round Up and possibly my nephew will drive the 2 Frisan mares with their Morgan cross colts tied alongside. I'll try and get some pics but I promised my brother I would drive him with his chuck wagon business float.
    Also sis is taking the stud cart on the Miles City to Deadwood wagon trail and I might jump on for a couple days, should be fun.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:44 am

WOW--great pics --must have been a blast--Happy anniversary--i am guessing the years apart were worth the wait--proud to have ya'll as friends
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:46 am

I always thought that Jack Hanna guy was a big old putz.

His show and appearances on Letterman sure didnt do anything to change that image for me.

Glad to hear that ya all had fun
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:51 pm

Yah Spart, I never paid much attention to him....but he really does have some sense.... pretty amazing! haha
    JB...that sounds awesome!! Make sure we get to see some pics!!!!!! Kate and I should be headed down to pick the mares up from NE in a couple weeks...just gotta get the 6 speed in the Dodge...and get sorta caught up here. Turns out to be 4 mares instead of 3, as the grizzly bear seems to have morphed into another horse....... women and their trades.......
    JH
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:53 am

i have to say again--great pics--what beautiful country--man
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:41 pm

hardtailjohn wrote:Yah Spart, I never paid much attention to him....but he really does have some sense.... pretty amazing! haha
    JB...that sounds awesome!! Make sure we get to see some pics!!!!!! Kate and I should be headed down to pick the mares up from NE in a couple weeks...just gotta get the 6 speed in the Dodge...and get sorta caught up here. Turns out to be 4 mares instead of 3, as the grizzly bear seems to have morphed into another horse....... women and their trades.......
    JH

Will you be paasing through these parts again?
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:13 pm

Not positive yet JB... but I'll let ya know as soon as I know...if we are, we'll stop for sure!
    JH

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:01 am