fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

3 posters

carb heat plate

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

carb heat plate Empty carb heat plate

Post by Admin Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:50 am

feedback needed

i am thinking to get a 3/8 thick aluminum block--roughly 2 x 4 inches---drill a 1/8 hole thru the plate length wise and tap it for coolant--i will tee off the heater hoses for supply and return

on the other hand if someone happens across a gm with inline 6--they are supposed to have said plate which will fit my rochester 2gc--i don't have the years,but it is after they started using the 250

i found this, but i am stumped as to how it does it's thing--i think the 3 hole pattern would work on the intake--but i need some knowledge here that i don't have

http://stoveboltengineco.com/index.php/catalog/store/#ecwid:category=361513&mode=product&product=1222036

thanks,

chief okie
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

carb heat plate Empty Re: carb heat plate

Post by Admin Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:54 am

CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

carb heat plate Empty Just get it

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:09 am

Jd, Just by it and put it on. Two hoses and your finished. Then you can start worrying about those 5 million other things left on your list.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:06 pm

Admin wrote:feedback needed

i am thinking to get a 3/8 thick aluminum block--roughly 2 x 4 inches---drill a 1/8 hole thru the plate length wise and tap it for coolant--i will tee off the heater hoses for supply and return

on the other hand if someone happens across a gm with inline 6--they are supposed to have said plate which will fit my rochester 2gc--i don't have the years,but it is after they started using the 250

i found this, but i am stumped as to how it does it's thing--i think the 3 hole pattern would work on the intake--but i need some knowledge here that i don't have

http://stoveboltengineco.com/index.php/catalog/store/#ecwid:category=361513&mode=product&product=1222036

thanks,

chief okie

That plate goes on the bottom of the intake if you are no longer using the stock exhaust manifold.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:34 am

i have never had a six manifold apart--mine is still stock--not leaking and no room for a 4 bbl mani in the van--the few sixes i have worked on never involved me on the manifold process-- bear with my learning--i am guessing there is a hollow on the intake under the carb?????
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:57 am

Yeah, the butterfly directs hot exhaust up there to heat the manifold. When you split them off to use an aftermarket intake or to run different exhaust, there is a cavity under there. I'm not sure heating it with coolant would help the icing situation, it is more to keep fuel from puddling in the bottom.
    I think you could make an adapter/spacer and drill it out to run some coolant through it. I know space is tight, maybe something 5/8 inch thick with 5/16-3/8 holes drilled through for coolant. You could drill them all the way through and just tap pipe plugs into the ends you don't use.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:28 pm

i now have a very crude--first draft--carb heater--tee'd the heater hose and looped it around the riser/adapter--so far so good---i am gonna do the aluminum plate, drilled and plumbed--may be a patent hiding in there somewhere--fix it with a shutoff for warm weather--there is definitely a sweet spot achieved by raising the carb up from the intake--just a 1/4 inch or so and all the adjustments have to be attended to--progress is good

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:27 pm