fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

+2
Admin
willowbilly3
6 posters

rant

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

rant Empty rant

Post by willowbilly3 Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:36 am

I probably do it, maybe everyone does. Last night having supper at sister's, dumass brother gets a call on his cell then sets there at the table for 15 minutes talking so loud the rest of us can't have a conversation. What the hell, why do people do that? Does yelling help you hear better? I'm getting to hate those frikken cell phones more and more everyday, they have turned our society into a bunch of rude, stupid nincompoops who can't spell or use punctuation anymore.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

rant Empty Re: rant

Post by Admin Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:13 am

yeah buddy, i got your back here--and since you got'em down with the first punch, i am gonna throw a kick or two--driving and celling is way worse than drinking and driving--the accidents are now daily and seem to be killing a bunch of innocents--pedestrians--and the dumb bitch that walked into the mall fountain while texting--then sues the mall---i won't answer mine no way no how on the road--and i really don't even like to take a call from someone that's behind the wheel--i am always waiting for the screams and crunches before the phone goes dead

ok--got that straight rant 301330
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:20 am

I leave my cell (2 of them) in my truck when I go in to see a customer
    At first it pissed my new boss off, so I told him I didn't want to loose a
    sale because he or somebody called to tell me about a meeting or WTFE
    I told him it was rude and breaks the rhythm of the sale.
    Then I was with him on a sale and his phone rang at least 3 times
    I watched the customers reaction, this was a deal breaker
    My boss didn't understand at first
    I told him to leave it in the truck or on silent and watch his sales go up
    He went from a 50% closing rate to 80% in one week
    He thanked me in our sales meeting and "advised" it for everyone
    My work cell has free unlimited text with a slide out keypad
    Not much more trouble than writing this
    Just text me WTFE and I'll text back when I can for 95% of the business calls
    Talk and drive yes I'm guilty as hell but only with my bluetooth hands free ear bud on
    Talk, write and drive, guilty again but the texting is doing away with that now
    Text and drive, no way. I just pull over and I,m seeing more people do it.
    One good thing I saw with pulling over to text was during our recent Ice and snow event.
    Here in Dallas, home of the rudest, worst, most road rage in the USA city.
    I had at least one person slow down and wave to see if I was alright.
    I,m still amazed and still smile when I think of it
    I think I'll put a little more faith back into strangers and man kind in general
    Some one has to start it and its safe enough, I still carry my Kimber 45
    I said I'm going to put more faith in people, not be a victim
    Didn't mean to vent on every one here

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:31 am

venting is good--we save all kinds of therapy money right here

Charles--i say you have good phone sense along with your other good attributes

i can't text due to funky keys on my ancient razr--but i am fine with that and don't intend to get anymore phones and sure enuff ain't paying some stupid data fee--it's like paying for a toilet and then paying for the bunn fodder too No
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:05 am

Totally agreed with all the above...and will add "texting" to all of that! I'm SO sick of people texting while I'm trying to talk to them or they're trying to talk to me.... I just walk away anymore... if it isn't important enough to you to pay attention to me when I'm talking, then I sure as hell don't need to waste my breath on you! It's sad how society's decided that instant contact is such a priority... I can remember a foot long phone cord, the phone by the wall, and NO answering machine! You stood there and got the call done, or missed it if you weren't handy...then they called back later, or came to see you.... I miss that!
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:12 pm

hardtailjohn wrote:Totally agreed with all the above...and will add "texting" to all of that! I'm SO sick of people texting while I'm trying to talk to them or they're trying to talk to me.... I just walk away anymore... if it isn't important enough to you to pay attention to me when I'm talking, then I sure as hell don't need to waste my breath on you! It's sad how society's decided that instant contact is such a priority... I can remember a foot long phone cord, the phone by the wall, and NO answering machine! You stood there and got the call done, or missed it if you weren't handy...then they called back later, or came to see you.... I miss that!

I'm with you John. We could throw those dam cell phones all away and be a better society for it. Oh, yeah, there's the lives they have saved because some one was stranded or whatever but it isn't a drop in the bucket to the lives lost because people now have no situational awareness due to texting, talking whatever. And I'm also guilty of talking and driving occasionally, but not very often and usually where there is no traffic. I know I can't chew gum and walk at the same time so I don't tempt fate. Hell, I don't even play the radio very often, I have enough crap in my head to entertain me. I also know of quite a few wrecks from people digging for or changing a CD. When I'm driving, it is my focus. I guess it's from riding a motorcycle but I am aware of everything going on around me, and that's behind me too, I don't like any distractions. 50 years of driving and only a couple fender benders, one was my own fault and the other I could have avoided if I had been paying attention to my mirror, got rear ended hard while setting to make a left turn to drop off a guy I had picked up on the road, he was pointing where to go and I was looking there instead of checking my mirror, not my fault but I sure as hell could have avoided it if I was paying attention.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:23 pm

ha ha jb---you hear those voices too??? rant 301330

cell phones are the new govt tracking device--they want everyone to have one---as a business tool, ya can't beat them--but just like donuts--too many isn't good--in the long run-----and i apologize for my spelling and punctuation--but hyphens are soo much easier then commas and periods and besides that--it's a good way to cover up brain farts Embarassed

thinking back--not having one up one's arse was soooo much simpler living--as John said--call back or come visit

but i do appreciate what the internet has done--mostly--if not for it--probably none of us would have crossed paths

i do admit to shutting it all off from time to time--the info overload and white noise gets to be too much
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Spart, I love that idea!! I'm going to get one for my van so I can block everyone around me when I drive and one that looks like a pack of cigarettes to carry.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:50 pm

That's hillarious!!!! I've never even heard of those before!! I would love to have one!!!! Only problem is here, a cell is our only phone.... Suspect
    They'd sure be nice in the vehicle, like JB says, but I'd worry about all the idiots trying to figure out why their damned phone just dropped a conversation and not paying any attention to the road....
    spartman
    spartman
    Admin

Post by spartman Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:47 pm

lots of theaters out on the coasts use em.
    Also bunch of churches have done it in the bigger cities.

I dont know how service is out there john, but I wouldnt trust my cell to be my only phone, even though its on verizon.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:15 pm

we ditched our landline last yr---haven't missed it so far

those jammers are great--i need one that does the whole car--so you can shut down those "thumpers" that can be heard 1/4 mi for they pass and then another 1/4 mi as they go--thank god they are usually pedal to the metal--vibrates the house
    CJ,s 67 F100
    CJ,s 67 F100

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:46 pm

No land line here, Judy's cell is with ATT
    Mine is with T-Mobile and the work cell is with Sprint
    Looks like one of them is bound to work all the time
    Only thing I need a land line for is to fax
    I have not figured out how to hook my Razor up to it so it works
    Has to be a way to email to a fax or something.
    Any ideas here are welcome
    My jammer is the OFF switch lol
    Same as with the TV
    Oh I nearly forgot, we had a motivational speaker at our last sails meeting
    He said 1 important thing to do to stay positive is to stop watching the news
    Its always so left wing, biasd and depressing
    He was right, No TV news since Sunday and I'm back to my happy asshole self.
    Which is a huge step up from my unhappy asshole self
    God Bless America
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:57 pm

I haven't watched network tv or the news for several years. It's just garbage meant to mold public opinion. About the only network tv I ever watch is the occasional Judge Judy, Judge Marilyn or Judge Joe Brown and not those unless I am at my friends house.
    hardtailjohn
    hardtailjohn

Post by hardtailjohn Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:36 am

They wanted over $20 grand to run a landline in here when we built... Cell's are what we have.
    I hear ya about watching the news.. I try not to...it IS depressing.
    Yah JD, that would be funny to be able to shut those guys down!
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:59 pm

I'm with yinz on the rude fuks with cell phones. I absofukinloutly hate asswipes who answer their phones while they are in mid sentance with me. I gotta buy one of those jammers. Laughing I do answer the phone while driving but I pull over to make a call. Texting is a necessary evil with a teenage daughter. Text and drive however is something I won't do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:26 am