fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

4 posters

Best way to sell stuff (Long)

71ford100
    71ford100

Best way to sell stuff (Long) Empty Best way to sell stuff (Long)

Post by 71ford100 Sun May 01, 2011 2:39 pm

I have pretty much determined that the Cobra engine has to come out and be overhauled. Anyways I am short on cash seeing how we are just starting farming so I need to sell something to raise funds because I need my car back.

The things that I have are my two crew cabs, one a 68 2wd that is in a bunch of pieces and a 69 that is together and was converted to 4x4. I am debating if I should list them together or separately. I'm also thinking ebay may be the best way to sell them rather than craigslist since they are a bit harder to find. I have tons of extra parts that go with as well.
    I know I have an extra 4 speed 352/60/90 bellhousing or two, a 360 in pieces, two 390's, tons of little parts.

I also have a 71 F-100 that is a total rust bucket but it does have a 390 in it. Should I try and ask just over junk price or pull the engine and tranny and junk the rest since the only good body part is the tail gate.

I also have a 72 250 4x4 that was rolled that I bought for the running gear since it wasn't bent. Should I include that in with the crewcabs if I sell together or just pull the body and keep the frame for whatever hair I get.

Finally I have a '68 F-100 that has no rust is a very solid truck runs great but needs a spare C-6 I have put in it and the headlights put back in (needs those little plastic clip things) This is the one bump I would really like to keep since it is the best one and has a lot of local history.

Other stuff I have is an early 50's Willys PU that is complete but the bed is junk, an IH PU that would bring the most going across the scales, and a 66 Corvair that is more than likely going across the scales since no one is interested.

Any ideas on what is the best way to handle this. Also attached are a few pictures, what would you give for the whole mess of crewcabs?

'69 no longer has the bed it was totally shot:

Best way to sell stuff (Long) 001-2

'68 now in pieces:
    Best way to sell stuff (Long) 011600x395
    AlleyCat
    AlleyCat

Best way to sell stuff (Long) Empty Re: Best way to sell stuff (Long)

Post by AlleyCat Sun May 01, 2011 8:49 pm

I would list them seperately and see what happens. The one that's crusher fodder with a 390 I would leave together at least until you see if you get any bites on the engine. Engines are a lot easier to sell if a potential buyer can hear them run. Shame you aren't closer because a guy I work with is into those early Willys pickups.
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Mon May 02, 2011 1:24 am

So the blue truck is all apart now? How much for it?
    I wish I had some extra coin, daughter's braces are going to take most of my reserves. I regret ever selling crewcab.
    I'd do C-list first because it's free.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Tue May 03, 2011 1:04 pm

cl or local area pennypincher

take all or parts

good luck

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:33 am