fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

2 posters

Pickin

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Pickin Empty Pickin

Post by willowbilly3 Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:17 am

Out pickin today and scored am old Winchester 22 for $25. I've been trying to buy it for a couple years. A gal up in Montana inherited her dad's place and the gun was in the back window gun rack of an old pickup that has sat out in the coral for 20 years or so. Junky place in a weird sort of way, old pickups everywhere. some of them have sat so long they just use them as part of a pen.
    I bought a 55 Dodge 1/2 ton that her dad parked by a windmill and never drove it again. The cows had wore down the dirt down about a foot all around it from using it to scratch on.It had been a cool old truck, 5 window with a V8 and overdrive. Sold it about an hour after I got back to town and doubled my $$ on it. After my fuel and all I cleared about $250 and had the rifle for free. Not a bad days pickin.
    Also I bought a 55 Plymouth wagon and a 54 Merc for $100 each. Probably get the Merc Friday.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Pickin Empty Re: Pickin

Post by Admin Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:41 am

slam bam thankee mam----good lick buddy--55 plymouth wagon must be the last one on earth
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:23 pm

Got that winchester all cleaned up last night. I spent a couple hours of elbow grease, a bunch of tung oil and a reblue, plus welding the loose bolt handle and filing it back down. cleaned the bore and popped a round through it. It's a keeper.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:07 pm

good deal

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content