fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
fff&pigpokers&insomniacs

2 posters

Spare parts

willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Spare parts Empty Spare parts

Post by willowbilly3 Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:10 am

Now that I'm getting the Dodge, I won't be needed my 92 F250 anymore. I am trying to decide whether to sell it, keep it around or find something cool to do with the hopped up 300 and ZF 5 speed. I hope to have the 54 binder running for a shop truck, and hopefully the rpu gets on the road this year. The 92 is dependable but needs work, rear brakes and wheel seals, speedo, fuel gauge, wiper motor. Plus the doors don't shut good on it anymore.
    Maybe I should find an automatic tranny and put the 300 in the 54 binder. Since it's already an automatic and I don't want to mess around putting another pedal in it.
    Oh, and mom left me her 98 Gran Marquis. 87,000 mile car that I really don't have any use for. I'll probably sell it.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Spare parts Empty Re: Spare parts

Post by Admin Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:31 am

JB--tell me about the marquis--5.0--eaod--ac cold--how mucho dinero

that would be a step up for Julie--i could come up and drive it home or you could drive it down for a visit

i say the 300 in the 54 would be the ticket

i guess i'm a passer on the f250

ps--yep--she'll be glad to pay to get me out of here for some days Spare parts 301330
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:52 am

Merc is a 4.6. Right now it needs the intake changed. Almost every 95-2000 needs one at some point, they are plastic and crack through the thermostat area. Replacements are upgrade and the water crossover is metal. The car is kinda goldish brown, cloth seats, alloy 16s. I was pretty surprised when we got the car appraised. NADA says high retail is $5700 and average retail is $3800. I was kinda figuring the lower number would be ballparkish. Pretty sure the air blows cold but I might need to have it checked, ma never used a/c much.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:35 pm

sounds like a good clean car--i think your price is fair--agreed that it seems a little higher than i would have guessed--shoot--if it were me--i would keep it for a road car
    willowbilly3
    willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:48 pm

Yeah, if I could keep half a dozen cars around I would keep it for a road car too, but I seldom go out on the road either. I'm just thinking of what I could do with the money. I would like to buy a little skidsteer, one with the 2 cylinder air cooled engine like the 90 JD we used to have here until my nephew took it back to the ranch. It would be something I could take out and load iron and stuff with. I'm trying to get geared up to haul some scrap iron. I have been to several farm auctions when there were no iron buyers and 5-10 bucks would buy a 3-4 ton pile of scrap iron. If I just started going with the trailer and skidsteer I could make some $$ on scrap.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:58 pm

i hear ya--sound like a good plan to me--Spart--u need a reliable rig--there ya go

skid steers can be really handy--all sorts of attachments--pretty much a do all rig

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:15 pm